The Perineal Repair is a soft tissue model that includes skin, muscle, the rectal sphincter and rectal mucosa. It is ideal for training 1st through 4th degree perineal tears, including midline, mediolateral, and lateral incisions. This trainer has very realistic tissue properties for training 4th degree repair with a retractable sphincter and rectal mucosa. The replaceable tissue allows for multiple cuts and suturing.
The Perineal Repair Trainer’s tray overlays the tissue providing tension that enhances the simulation and creates a bony anatomical landmark simulating the ischial spine that allows the user to perform a pudendal block. This trainer has the most realistic tissue properties for training 4th degree repair with a retractable sphincter and rectal mucosa. The replaceable tissue allows for multiple cuts and realistic suturing.
External and Internal Anatomy:
- Vaginal and anal canals
- Vaginal mucosa Rectovaginal fascia
- Transverse perineal muscle
- External anal sphincter — enabling end to end repair Ischial spine for performing pudendal nerve block
Features and Benefits:
- Realistic tissue can be sutured repeatedly — suture, remove sutures, and suture again
- Rigid tray that overlays the tissue provides tension
- Tension can be adjusted
- Replaceable tissue with realistic tissue layers
Dimensions: Size: 10″ h; 10″ w; 8″ d
Weight: 6 lb
Other products of SIMULAB (USA):